Board Goals and Priorities for 2016/2017
Each student will be reading on grade level by the end of third grade and maintain reading on grade level each year as measured by the Developmental Reading Assessment or designated district assessment.
Each English Learner will become proficient in four years as measured by the California English Language Development Test.
Each student will master grade-level mathematics standards as measured by the designated summative assessment.
- Each student will increase academic proficiency by one grade level or more per year in English and Mathematics as measured by site and district multiple assessments.
- 100% of our students will enter Kindergarten ready for school as measured by their attendance at preschool or readiness camp.
- All students graduating from high school are College and Career Ready as measured by their transcripts and post high school plans.
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- All lessons will engage students in their learning using a variety of planned strategies as measured by regular classroom observations.
- All lessons will provide more rigorous and consistent expectations that will educate each student at a high level regardless of students’ academic status as measured by regular classroom observations.
- All lessons will include appropriate SDAIE/ELD strategies necessary to facilitate content mastery for English Learners while developing English proficiency as measured by regular classroom observations.
- Maintain the student attendance rate at 97% as measured by our Student Information System with a focus at FJW and Kress Preschool.
- Reduce recorded disciplinary actions by 5% as measured by our Student Information System.
- Maintain or increase participation in elective programs as measured by our end of semester enrollments.
- Maintain or increase participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular programs as measured by our end of season compilations.
- Pursue a competitive salary structure compared to selected districts for all employees.
- Provide health and welfare benefits comparable to selected districts for all employees.
- Provide focused Professional Learning that leads to increased academic achievement for all staff that supports the attainment of the Board Goals as measured by an end of year compilation.
- Promote parent participation in school activities, committees, and trainings.
- Maintain or increase the level of service provided by local agencies for student mental health, substance use and abuse, and counseling as measured by an end of year compilation.
- Continue to improve the community’s awareness of the school district’s programs and services as measured by attendance at WUSD special events.
- Maintain our strong partnership with the Woodlake Police Department.
- Complete all Measure “C” projects pending state modernization funding.
- Complete all Qualified Zone Academy Bond projects by 2017.
- Continue work on priority list of facility improvement projects and maintenance needs.
- Develop a budget and align resources in accordance with the Local Control Accountability Plan and Board Goals.
- Maintain a 6% annual reserve. Develop District priorities for reserves above this.
- No qualified/negative interim reports or annual budgets.
Adopted: August 10, 2016